Being responsive is a soft skill that can spark creativity, trust and innovation in teams big and small. Learn how and why in this week’s episode of Serious Soft Skills.
Cohosts Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham explain how the soft skill of being responsive sets teams up to succeed.
Among the topics they discuss in this episode:
- Being responsive from a supply chain perspective
- How the best responses are complete, accurate and timely answers
- Realistic responses and how they improve our work experience
- When emails actually hurt, not help, responsiveness
- How being unresponsive can hurt teams and careers
- Why being responsive is a core issue for any successful employee
- Getting back quickly isn’t enough. It’s the value of the response.
- Phone calls and face-to-face meetings accelerate responsiveness
We will dig into another of the 55 soft skills or how to apply one of them to help you in your career.