A Forbes.com article, How to Hire the Right People to Help Your Organization Success by Sally Percy, suggests that employers are undervaluing soft skills, which seems silly in this low-unemployment business climate. We will discuss the technical skills fixation and why it hurts employers in this episode of the Serious Soft Skills Podcast.
Among the topics cohosts Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham discuss are:
- Why focusing on technical skills is comfortable, but difficult to enable proper hiring.
- Why combining technical skills and soft skills is the key to business success
- How employers have become lazy when it comes to soft skills
- Job qualifiers and job winners
- Why employers need to get past the fishing expedition in using soft skills to hire
- How hiring with a soft-skills focus helps create a better cultural fit
We explore one of the more complicated soft skills: accepting criticism. New episodes every Wednesday.