We always hear how important a positive attitude is, but why and how do we ensure we have a positive attitude. We’ll tackle how to maintain a positive attitude in this episode of the Serious Soft Skills Podcast.
Cohosts Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham explore a variety of topics related to the soft skill of having positive attitude.
Among the topics they address are:
- What if we bring a negative attitude to a situation
- The negative effects of creating a hero among teams
- “Faking it until you make it”
- Pushing forward despite stumbles
- Moving past problems
- Confidence in myself and my team
- Finding ways to overcome challenges
- Being honest and open and how to leads to trust among team members
- How sparks and cobbled together ideas can fuel better outcomes
- Naysayers never get promoted
- Not falling into the unrealistic and non-optimistic perspective
Tips for keeping or restoring your positive attitude
1. Set realistic goals and recognize when you achieve them
2. Don’t let setbacks dig into you
3. Be grateful – we all need others to succeed
5. Sleep well and eat well
6. Laugh at yourself
7. Populate your life with positive people
8. Don’t get stuck in the weeds
We will look at the complicated soft skills of understanding the ethical implications of our decisions.