Cohosts Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham explore the soft skills of adapting knowledge to new situations, which seems easy enough. But many people struggle with what it means and how it helps build teams and careers.
Among the topics they discuss are:
- How companies are relying more on people who can apply knowledge to solve new problems
- Why this soft skill is so important to company growth
- What other soft skills are included in this ability
- Employers want people with new ideas, not the same old perspectives they already have
- How successfully applying it can make someone a team leader, intentionally or unintentionally
- Why compensation and opportunity follow good adapters
- An example of adapting to the new situation of tariffs on products coming from China
- A five-step process for applying knowledge to new situations
- We can draw on others’ experiences to help us adapt to new situations
- How multiple sourcing can help us find better solutions
- Drawing on relationships and those we trust
We will explore the soft skill of being able to work independently or with minimal supervision.