Organizations covet employees who are mature. But what is being mature and how to we identify it and look for it in people. Co-hosts Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham take on another of the complicated soft skills in this episode.
Among the topics they will address:
- Immaturity versus maturity
- Experience versus maturity
- How application is at the core of being mature
- Admitting our own faults with maturity
- How we develop maturity
- Choosing when to fight for something
- Teasing out maturity in job searches
- How maturity leads to better outcomes over time
- Developing maturity through asking questions of mentors
We will be looking into how and when to escalate an issue, what it means and how to be good at it, and more importantly, why it as a soft skill is important to an organization’s success.