More than four-in-five jobs come from connections, making networking a critical piece of any job search or path toward promotion. And at its core, any kind of networking calls on our soft skills.
Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham discuss:
- Why focusing on the perfect customer during networking can ruin any event
- How every contact you make could be a vitally important one someday
- How networking differs from speed dating
- Building value through networking is the name of the game
- Some examples of good and bad networking
- How natural discussion can do more for networking than anything contrived.
- Opening doors to discovery
- The serendipity of networking
- How you can’t make a customer from networking
- The art of graceful exits from discussions and how to do it without seeming like a jerk
- The do’s and don’ts of networking
- Bob’s Three-Card Rule
- Toby’s rules for giving out business cards
- Methods to manage any followup
- The Rule of Threes
We’ll explore the soft skill of enthusiasm and how it makes a major contribution to any business.