Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham explain how to become more effective as a networker, what soft skills you should be applying and how you can overcome your fears and reluctance to make connections that can enhance your career.
LinkedIn.com in 2016 found that 85% of all jobs come from networking. Therefore, our ability to be successful at formal and informal networking can play a huge role in our career enhancement and opportunities.
Among the topics they discuss are:
- How to approach networking
- Networking for introverts or reluctant networkers
- Negotiating your way through formal networking events
- Ways to win at informal networking events
- Networking as a means of building trust, which can may lead to business
- What your network can do for you and others in your network
- How networking can help you better understand your customers
- Taking advantage of opportunities that come through networking
- Getting ready to be successful at networking
- The soft skills that underpin successful networking
- Why “I can help you” won’t work
- The wingman approach to networking
- Six things help you to gain trust in seconds
Order our book, The 55 Soft Skills that Guide Employee and Organizational Success, from https://serioussoftskills.com. Use the coupon code “six weeks” to save 50% on the price. But act before the coupon code expires.
We will dig deeper into becoming a Networking Ninja by playing through some typical scenarios that face people who are networking like how to end a discussion without upsetting anyone.