Delegation, one of the 55 soft skills, helps determine which human resources to delegate to specific tasks to ensure organizational effectiveness.
In this episode, the hosts, Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham, discuss:
- What delegation is
- The intentionality of delegation
- How return on assets (ROA) plays into deciding when to delegate
- How delegation can build a better, deeper team
- When delegation becomes shirking and avoiding the Tom Sawyer approach
- How to know when good delegation is occurring
- What managers should always be asking themselves
- How an article from the Harvard Business Review written in 1974 explains good and bad delegation ( https://hbr.org/1999/11/management-time-whos-got-the-monkey )
- Why poor delegation is actually worse than no delegation at all
- The key to ensuring that delegation works well and builds organizations
- What the closed loop is and how it helps ensure effective delegation
We’ll discuss being persuasive, why it makes the list of soft skills and how it plays out in the workplace.