Enthusiasm is not just a soft skills; it’s an attitude, a choice we make that is often heavily influenced by our workplace culture, but more importantly, success. We’ll discuss how and why enthusiasm is important in every workplace.
Co-hosts Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham discuss the following:
- The value of enthusiasm and why it’s a soft skill
- The Fake It Till You Make It reality
- Enthusiasm is a form of professionalism
- How optimism fuels enthusiasm
- Tips for how to look enthusiastic, even when you aren’t
- Why enthusiasm is infectious and how the opposite is cancerous
- How team members can help a person who lacks enthusiasm
- Winston Churchill’s view of enthusiasm and its effect on success
- Why managers and leaders have to bring the enthusiasm
- Where journaling and daily reflection can help you retain the enthusiasm
- Making sure failures don;’t pile up
- Portraying things to encourage enthusiasm
- Avoiding manufactured enthusiasm
We will answer more questions from our listeners on soft skills in their workplace.