Collaboration among workers can be the jet fuel for teams, pushing them to solve problems and achieve results that they could not have accomplished separately.
Hosts Dr. Tobin Porterfield and Bob Graham discuss what collaboration is, why it is so beneficial to organizations and what it can deliver to teams and organizations.
Topics discussed include:
- What collaboration is
- How people’s perspectives have to align for collaboration to occur
- Why collaboration gets us to a better spot
- How collaboration stokes problem-solving
- The distinction between collaboration for creative endeavors versus collaboration in getting products developed
- Why collaboration is vital to supply chains and other services
- What’s a “rallying point” and why do we need it to have successful collaboration
- A “reel” example of collaboration
- What underlies any effective collaboration
- The soft skills that underpin all good collaboration
- What mutual interdependence is and why it enables good collaboration
- The best ways for collaboration to start
- The role of the leader in facilitating collaboration
- How passion can ignite collaboration
Digging deeper into collaboration in the workplace.